Uncertainty Ahead

Today we find ourselves facing the New Year and the unknown lies ahead.  We must step out in faith moving forward day by day.

Much uncertainty lies ahead for us all. Our paths will not always be smooth and comfortable.  In spite of the unknown, we have the comfort of a loving God who has said in Isaiah 41:9-10, 13 …Thou art my servant, I have chosen thee, and not cast thee away. Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.

There are many who have journeyed into the valley of the unknown before me.  They could testify to the heartache of watching their loved one suffer through the ravages of sickness and pain telling of the once strong becoming weak and worn.  I’m sure they could also share with you the sweetness of a deep love that comes forth during those times of darkness.  An enduring love that is stronger in the suffering, spilling out of eyes and warming a grateful heart thankful for more time.

My friends, it is the dark days that drive me to my Savior’s arms.  I must trust He knows best and is holding my hand guiding me forward into the darkness ahead.  He has promised to never leave me or forsake me.  I must move forward with the peace that passeth all understanding in my heart.

Even though my heart is breaking for my darling Paul, I know the One who holds tomorrow and He is the Great Physician.  If it be His will, He can heal Paul, but if not, He will give me His Grace to move forward for His glory.

He leads us on by paths we did not know;
Upward He leads us, though our steps be slow,
Though oft we faint and falter on the way,
Though storms and darkness oft obscure the day;
Yet when the clouds are gone,
We know He leads us on.
He leads us on through all the unquiet years;
Past all our dreamland hopes, and doubts and fears,
He guides our steps, through all the tangled maze
Of losses, sorrows, and o’er clouded days;
We know His will is done;
And still He leads us on.


Unknown


Comments

  1. Neither is you nor Paul are on this Journey alone, not only is God with you both, but so are the many friends whose lives you all have touched over the years in serving God and being an example to others. A song i learned as a child comes to mind," My Lord Knows the Way"

    My Lord knows the way through the wilderness,
    All I have to do is follow.
    My Lord knows the way through the wilderness,
    All I have to do is follow.
    Strength for today is mine all the way,
    And all that I need for tomorrow.
    My Lord knows the way through,
    All I have to do is follow.

    A simple child's song chocked full of truth for us His children. Although we can not see His way we trust His hand and know the God will lead us all the way, i don't have to understand i just have to hold His almighty hand. As i write this my heart aches and the tears flow for the best friend i have in the world next to my Toni. But i too also know that God makes no mistakes and He is always there with us and gives Grace needed for each day, His mercies are new every morning. There isn't a day nor an hour since Paul called me that you all haven't been on our hearts and minds and prayers go up constantly for you all. May God's presence be felt as never before. We love you all and stand ready to help any way we can.

    In His Care with Love

    Bob & Toni Johnson
    The Viking

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Night Watches

The Heart of Happiness